Letter service options
The ordinary mail is a service for customers whose needs do not require the Express Post or the Registered Post services and the service provides:
- Easy lodgment at street posting boxes or over the counter
- Cost effective
Supplementary and special service options to meet all mailing needs like Registered mail or other supplementary services
|From 1 gram to 20 grams||2.50 EGP|
|Above 20 grams up to 50 grams||3.50 EGP|
|Above 50 grams up to 100 grams||4.50 EGP|
|Above 100 grams up to 250 grams||7.00 EGP|
|Above 250 grams up to 500 grams||9.00 EGP|
The Registered mail service is used for sending important documents and valuable items except (banknotes, coins, jewelry and precious stones) , the service provides:
- Proof of posting when Registered Post mail items are lodged over the counter
- Signature obtained on delivery
- Compensation against loss or damage ( Standard Insurance )
- A unique identification number for each Registered Post item.
Packaging of valuable items sent by Registered mail:
Valuable items sent by Registered mail must be appropriately packaged
|From 1 gram to 20 grams||7.00 EGP|
|Above 20 grams up to 50 grams||8.00 EGP|
|Above 50 grams up to 100 grams||9.00 EGP|
|Above 100 grams up to 250 grams||11.50 EGP|
|Above 250 grams up to 500 grams||13.50 EGP|
Registered mail service include the personal delivery service as a add on feature and not stand alone service that ensures the delivery of a Registered Mail item only to the person named as the addressee. The delivery agent asks for proof of identity in one of the following forms:
- Current valid National ID
- Current valid passport
- Current valid driving license.
Personal delivery exceptions:
The item will be delivered to the addressee except:
- If the addressee is a minor. The item can be delivered to a parent or guardian.
- Where Egypt Post has received a written request from the addressee to deliver to another person
- Where a receiver, trustee or person has been given power of attorney to conduct business on behalf of the addressee.
Addressee’s nominated alternative:
Where an alternative person has been nominated to receive personal delivery, the request must be in writing, stating the reason for the request and must contain the usual handwritten signatures of both the person making the request and the person nominated as the alternative. If Egypt Post approves the request, the nominated alternative person may receive subsequent personal delivery on the addressee’s behalf. The approval does not apply to items that Egypt Post has already attempted to deliver before the date of the approval.
The service is available only as a supplement to mail items forwarded by Registered mail for additional fee.
Proof of delivery provides you with a card, signed by the person who accepted the Registered Mail item and postmarked by the delivery office. The standard Registered mail service includes only a record of delivery that the delivery office retains for one month and saved at Egypt Post main Archiving units for 12 months.
How Proof of delivery works :
To purchase Proof of delivery service, you must lodge a Registered Mail item at a post office. You complete your own address details on a “Proof of Delivery Card” provided by Egypt Post. The Card accompanies the Registered Mail item to the Post-delivery office. The assessment of postage charges does not include the weight of the Proof of Delivery Card.
The Post-delivery office :
- Obtains the signature of the person who accepts delivery on the Proof of Delivery Card
- Postmarks the Card to confirm the date of delivery
- Returns the Card to you on the required address.
Charges :5 LE
Registered mail charges can be paid by
- Postage Stamps
- Postage Meter
- Cash on counter
Supplementary services and service combinations with Registered mail may be used with ordinary mail, such as Proof of delivery.
Items that are not accepted in Registered mail
- The envelope is not in sound condition
- The envelope is not securely sealed
- The envelope bears the appearance of having been opened and resealed
- The address is written in pencil or any erasable medium
- The addressee is a set of initials, an acronym or a code